Saturday, August 11, 2012

Early Potty Training: My 14 Month Old has Better Sphincter Control than Me

14 Months

Today before nap time I sat Damien on the potty to give him an opportunity to go if he needed to. He loves sitting on the potty and looking at books, but sometimes he is too busy and hops right back up in his typical toddler fashion and starts running around the room again. This time it happened to be the later - after about 15 seconds he hopped up, walked a few feet away - and then started peeing on the floor. In sort of an urgent voice, but trying to be calm voice, I said "No!" And the instant that word left my voice, the stream of urine stopped. I was surprised but thought that maybe it was just coincidental and he was done going. But then he walked back with me to the potty, sat down, and nearly halfway filled the potty with the rest of his bladder contents. My 14-month-old stopped his stream of urine dead in its tracks, held it for 10 seconds, and finished somewhere else.

He officially has better sphincter control than me. You better believe that after two kids, there is no way I could do that.

"Will a man leave the snow of Lebanon which cometh from the rock of the field? or shall the cold flowing waters that come from another place be forsaken?" Jeremiah 18:14

Damien is 14 months, 1 week old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!