Monday, March 1, 2010

Klutzy Wrap-Ups


Today Hunter surprised me by wanting to play with the Klutz Wraps: Multiplication toy that we have. It reminds me of the wrap-ups toys we had when I was a kid, except that this Klutz version is a lot sillier.

I'm pretty sure it's the novelty of the funny pictures they throw in with each card is what entralls him, but nonetheless he played with this a few times tonight and actually got all the answers right except one. This really surprised me because we haven't done anything with multiplication in months. And multiplication is one of those things where he kind of tends to only answer when given a set of choices, not verbally.

But I guess this toy met that criteria.

Beside the pictures that throw in some interest (like, is 5x5 25, 30, 35, or bunny?), on the back side, where you check your answers, there are some more funny-bone ticklers for him. Like, What do you get when you cross a calculator and a pal? A friend you can count on! or fun facts like Triskaidekaphobia: the fear of the number 13.

Hey, whatever floats his boat...
"And ye shall seek me, and find me..."
Jeremiah 29:13
Hunter is 4 years, 11 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!