Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Reading, Reading...


I still can't believe how much Hunter is progressing in reading.

Not only is he constantly reading random words ("Windex", "Pepsi", "Purell", etc.) but he is to the point where he can basically read any text, although it still takes him a while, he's reading it!

In this picture, I was having him read me the instructions to a fridge latch (for childcare, not Hunter) while I cooked, just for fun and to keep him busy (and he sure felt important, too). He is also pretty proud of himself that he can read Christmas cards, billboards, etc. And not only can he, but he does, voluntarily, and excitedly.

It's pretty funny because he will frequently tell me, "Mom, I am reading, can't you see that?" if I move something that he was reading or "interrupt" (am talking while he silently reads something, with me totally unaware). The other day he was silently sounding out the sign "Dollar Store" while we were waiting in the car, and got upset when I started talking to him.

He (and I) sure are discovering how fun and useful reading can be, and what a big world of discovery it opens up!

"And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings, according to all that is written in the book of the law." 
Joshua 8:34
Hunter is 4 years, 8 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!