Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's a river


"That's a river." Hunter told me today while he was tracing in his new book that Brandon got him today at Borders.

"Oh really?" I said, amused by his imagination. It was a sort of "practice page" in this write-on/wipe-off tracing book with different patterns of lines to trace over. He has been playing with it all day and has been having a lot of fun with it.


There were more lines on the page, and I decided to ask him what he thought the other ones looked like.

"What is this one?"

"I think that's where the trains go." (Perhaps it resembles his train tracks? I really have no clue...)


"Oh yeah, and what is this one?"

"I think that is a road where cars drive."


"What about this one?"

"Um, that is an upside down river."

He thought about it for a minute, then said, "No wait, maybe that's where helicopters land."

"Oh yeah?" I laughed. Don't know where that one came from.

"Maybe. I said maybe." He replied.


Next we came to the above zig-zag pattern.

"Um, that's a kind of black thing I'm makin'." (?)

He thinks it over for a minute, then tells me, "No, never mind. That's V's. The V's are upside down."


"All this, said David, the LORD made me understand in writing by his hand upon me, even all the works of this pattern."  
1 Chronicles 28:19

Hunter is 4 years, 7 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!