Sunday, November 29, 2009

"I Can't Do It"

The other day Hunter had another one of his friends over, who we were watching for a few hours. They had been playing for a while and were looking for something to do, so we decided on making some new paper chain decorations (to replace the Thanksgiving ones). It's a fun craft we have done every year so we were excited to make more.

His friend (who just turned five and is in kindergarten) was excited to do the craft and eagerly started gluing away. He accidentally made it into a teardrop instead of a circle, and I showed him how to overlap the ends to form a circle. He smiled and went to the next circle, which he again made into a teardrop. I again showed him how to overlap the ends, when he smiled and told me,
"It's ok, I'm too young to understand. I will understand it when I get older."

It's funny (and sad) how parents' attitudes can affect their kids - and create (for better or worse) their attitudes towards learning and life.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." 
Phillipians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!