Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Running Updates

We haven't gone running in a while.

Let's just say that sometimes, it's not always easy to stay committed. Sometimes, bundling up a preschooler to go on a run in the dead of winter is bearable. But bundling up three preschoolers in one of Indiana's seemingly coldest, longest winters (in my memory at least) is hard to motivate yourself for.

But, Hunter has been asking me to go for a run. A lot. We still haven't gotten all that much in the habit of it again but, we're getting there and I am very happy.

I'm happy, mostly that, he loves to run. Of course, all kids love to run but he went through a period of time when he really wasn't all that motivated. And me, being distracted with other things in my life, lost motivation because of his lack of motivation (I know, not the best idea but...). So seeing his enthusiasm is encouraging and we've been having fun going running again.

Hopefully we'll be able to be more consistent this summer. But even if we're not as consistent as I'd like to be, we'll still be enjoying having a lot of fun, growing the brain with an excellent cross-patterning exercise, and developing his heart, lungs, and muscles. Will keep you updated as to our progress!


"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart..."
Psalm 27:14
Hunter is 4 years, 3 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!