Sunday, December 21, 2008

Some day we'll laugh about this


Ah, Jordan. My chunky little nephew. You are the happiest, smiley-est, most charming baby ever one minute. Then the fussiest, most anxious and discontent baby the next. You have come in, rocked our world, and stolen our hearts in not even a half a year. And above all, you are certainly not your brother, nor your cousin. You are uniquely you, and you have changed everything we are used to about babies.

You always have me on my toes, sometimes reminding me not to be at the computer too long and other times to get down on the floor and play with Duplos for a little bit. And other times, giving me a hard time while I'm trying to read aloud a story. But you make up for every tear with a dozen shining smiles, and it makes it all worth it even more.

I sometimes have to remind myself of the wise words of your Nana, this too shall pass. We're here for you buddy, and we'll get through this. And as we were snapping pictures today, it made me think, that one day we'll look back and laugh at this. About the first few months of life when you cried nonstop. And about the following few month where you were full of smiles one second and full of tears the next. It doesn't always feel laughable, but in the end it will be but a fleeting moment in time to share a smile about. Love you little man.

~Aunt Liz


"Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right."
Proverbs 20:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!