Friday, November 14, 2008

The Realist

Things heard in the past month from the world's greatest realist - a preschooler.


re·al·ist
1. a person who tends to view or represent things as they really are.

2. one who is inclined to literal truth and pragmatism.

3. a person who accepts the world as it literally is and deals with it accordingly



While pondering a the content of a nursery rhyme:


"Mom, cows don't jump over the moon!"

While playing with a small model airplane:

Mommy: "Does Aunt Abigail fly in one of these?"
Hunter: "No, a big one"
While singing Jingle Bells:
"Mom, is Santa Claus real?"
[didn't answer that one]

Totally randomly, while taking a walk:


"Is John McCain small?"
[don't even ask me where that one came from]

Again, totally randomly:

Hunter: "When I came out, was there a hole?"
Mommy: "What?"
Hunter: "In your belly."
[didn't answer that one quite yet either!]

While observing a flashcard with the hand-written numeral "44" on it:

"Look, if you turn it like this [upside down] it makes h's!"

After falling over backwards - hard - on his head:


"It's okay, it's okay - its just my brain!"


"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child..."
1 Corinthians 13:11

Hunter is 3 years, 7 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!