Saturday, August 18, 2007

Learning Left and Right

I made this little poster for Hunter to help him learn his left from his right.

The first thing I did was trace his little hands and cut out the blue paper outline.

Next I made arrows pointing to the right and the left, glued them on a piece of construction paper, and wrote in big, red letters "left" and "right" underneath.

I laminated it and hung it on the side of his dresser, next to the door, and it serves as a little visual of the concepts of a left hand and a right hand, a left direction and a right direction. We've also started talking about the concepts a lot, for example, asking him to give me his left foot to put a shoe on or telling him to look to the right to find his truck.

It's all new to him but I'm sure he'll be figuring it all out in no time at all.



"And now if ye will deal kindly and truly with my master, tell me: and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left."
Genesis 24:49

Hunter is 2 years, 5 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!